Blue Mountains Scenic Flight - $840pp
The UNESCO World Heritage listed Blue Mountains are known for their striking contrast between plateau, cliff and valley landscapes and the famous blue haze, which is a vapour, produced by numerous eucalypt trees. The best way to appreciate the evolution of the 18million year old mountain range is from the air. Included in this once in a lifetime 90 minute helicopter experience, this Blue Mountains scenic flight also includes a Sydney Harbour scenic (valued at $220 per person) as well.
- 90 Minute Flight
- Panoramic views of the Blue Mountains including the Three Sisters, Katoomba, Megalong Valley, Jamison Valley and the Warragamba Catchment area before making your way back to Sydney for more of the spectacular sights of Sydney Harbour including the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House
- Every passenger gets a great view no matter what seat they are in
- As we are based at Sydney Airport, very close to the city and Sydney Harbour, you and your helicopter will be over the sights within minutes after departure
- Complimentary scheduled return hotel to heliport minibus transfers
- Complimentary refreshments before/after your flight
- Photo opportunity with pilot and aircraft
- Informative commentary with BOSE voice activated headsets
Blue Mountains Tour Description
The Blue Mountains tour will begin from the comforts of our modern guest lounge. Before taking off on your helicopter flight experience, you will be greeted and checked-in by our expert operations staff. Following this, a proper safety briefing will be conducted between the pilot and passengers inside the spacious lounge area.
Once the safety briefing is complete, we will head out to the helicopter giving you the chance to use your own camera for some photos before boarding and flying. You can stand in front of the helicopter, or pose on the side – just have some fun and make use of this great photo opportunity! Cameras and video recorders are more than welcome to be taken aboard on the flight, as you can capture more fantastic memories as we fly over picturesque Sydney Harbour and beyond.
Upon the take-off of the helicopter for the Blue Mountains tour, you can enjoy the best of Sydney with full panoramic views of the skyline, Pacific Ocean and the widely renowned port of Botany Bay. Further along, our pilot will have you flying above the glistening waters of Maroubra Beach and going north-wards along the coast at 500 feet. You will contour fly the picturesque coastline of the Eastern Suburbs beaches including Coogee, Clovelly and also the world famous Bondi Beach, the aquamarine waters sparkling against the Sydney sun. You won’t be able to stop admiring the spectacular houses in Ben Buckler and Vaucluse, where they are perched on chiselled sandstone cliffs as the flight continues northbound to Sydney Harbour Heads.
Entering Sydney Harbour, you will fly past the Sydney Opera House on descent for the southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, flanked by the skyscrapers of North Sydney on the right and the Circular Quay/Sydney CBD on the left you will track the Parramatta River at 500 feet before coming to the Parramatta CBD, the geographical centre of Sydney. Your pilot will set course to the West as you slowly start to climb in elevation, the Blue Mountains in all their glory are ahead to greet you and uncover some of their visual secrets that you can only ever appreciate from the air.
You will see the famous Three Sisters and the unforgiving sandstone cliff faces that encompass the Jamison Valley. See the cascading Wentworth Falls as their crystal clear waters drop into the abyss before coming to a gentle end at the sandstone valley floor. The uniquely Australian eucalyptus forests stretch forever as you head South to Sydney’s water catchment area, the Warragamba Dam. It is truly amazing that you can go from Australia’s largest city to an area so remote that only seeing is believing. Returning via Sydney’s South Western suburbs and the Sydney Olympic Site this amazing flight is bound to exceed even the highest expectations. Your pilot will guide you throughout the flight, providing commentary with the use of the Bose voice-activated headsets. This modern piece of equipment also lets you talk with the pilots and with other passengers whilst on the helicopter!
Blue Mountains Tour Map
- Flights are available 7 days a week and times available on request
- Contact Us to check availability
10:30am CBD Hotel pickup and transfer to heliport – Sydney Airport 11:15am Check in & safety briefing 11:30-13:00pm Photo opportunity / Scenic 90 minute flight 13:00pm Refreshments 13:10pm Return heliport to CBD Hotel transfer
Things to Know
- Prices are per person, in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST.
- All tours are sold on a per seat basis. Tours are confirmed with a minimum of 2 passengers. Single passengers are welcome; however, they will not be confirmed until a second passenger is travelling.
- All flights are sold on a shared basis, there may or may not be other passengers travelling on your flight. Private flights can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Aircraft capacity allows 2-6 passengers on a flight. For large groups please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
- All flights are subject to availability, confirmed passenger weights, weather and Air Traffic Control.
- Please refer to our terms and conditions for more details.